OCA - Oceania Healthcare

Started by Benji, Jun 24, 2022, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Basil

Surely not Winner.  OCA having more upside potential than HGH ?  Surely both won't turn out to be winners and anyone brave enough to adopt two abandoned babies at the same time might come out from their bottom picking exercise smelling like roses.  Can't be anyone brave enough to do that eh  ;)

Untamed

#841
At the risk of being chastised by mods.... *Untamed you are hereby chastised - Mod*

Quote from: Basil on Mar 12, 2024, 10:51 AMSurely not Winner.  OCA having more upside potential than HGH ?  Surely both won't turn out to be winners and anyone brave enough to adopt two abandoned babies at the same time might come out from their bottom picking exercise smelling like roses.  Can't be anyone brave enough to do that eh  ;)

Breezy

Quote from: Untamed on Mar 12, 2024, 10:55 AMAt the risk of being chastised by mods, you are such a hypocrite Basil.

How many times has this been the best thing since sliced bread until its not? Take all comments on forums like this with a mountain sized lump of rock salt.

Basil

#843
Looking for a "dead cat bounce" on a major index exit with enormous selling pressure, (simple laws of vast amounts of supply drilling out remaining demand at a very low price point), seems like a pretty feasible investment strategy, one that was certainly talked about quite a lot on the other channel.  Basic economics 101 the laws of supply and demand.  The only person I can see that's still saying it's the best thing since sliced bread is on the other channel.  $1 by reporting time in late May is the call, I believe.    Ironically, that's where the weighted average of analysts' sees it in 12 months' time (99.25 cents).
I'm not making any call on where this is going other than up, down or sideways, just asked a few questions that nobody so far has been brave enough to answer lol

Untamed

#844
You might not be "making any call" but your posts have most definitely implied that you have bought back in, or are considering doing so. So, I will ask again, is that the case, or are you just stirring the pot?

What you often don't seem to realise Basil, is that some people here, trust your input. Your comments and contributions may influence those people's investing perceptions and decisions (no, not mine). Yes, I know nothing we see here should be taken as investment advice, but newbies in particular do learn by example to some extent, so it is important to ensure your posts are clear and not open to misinterpretation.

This applies to everyone, not just you by the way.


Quote from: Basil on Mar 12, 2024, 11:38 AMI'm not making any call on where this is going other than up, down or sideways, just asked a few questions that nobody so far has been brave enough to answer lol

Breezy

Quote from: Untamed on Mar 12, 2024, 12:30 PMYou might not be "making any call" but your posts have most definitely implied that you have bought back in, or are considering doing so. So, I will ask again, is that the case, or are you just stirring the pot?

What you often don't seem to realise Basil, is that some people here, trust your input. Your comments and contributions may influence those people's investing perceptions and decisions (no, not mine). Yes, I know nothing we see here should be taken as investment advice, but newbies in particular do learn by example to some extent, so it is important to ensure your posts are clear and not open to misinterpretation.

This applies to everyone, not just you by the way.


Sage comments.

Basil

#846
See post #842.  I think I've made it quite clear I am playing this as a dead cat bounce but who knows maybe late 50's cents was the bottom for this cycle ?  Certainly, if you look back at the share price history it was only under 50 cents for a couple of days of extreme panic during the depths of fear surrounding the worldwide Covid pandemic in late March 2020.  Anyone who bought at roughly 50 cents back then has certainly had ample opportunity to sell at a profit.  50 cents in late March 2020 adjusted for inflation is 59 cents now, (source, my workings on the RBNZ inflation calculator), so it's easy enough to make the case 59 cents on the index exit match price was very cheap and quite possibly a low point for the shares...I think it hit a low of 56 cents on very light volume one day that week but 59 cents was where the serious volume was done.

Also easy to make the case there would likely never be greater selling pressure with more than 30m shares being sold on index exit.

Dead cat bounce has worked to a small degree but maybe there's more than one way to skin a cat and Winner is right, it's such deep value here, there's more juice to come ?  I guess a new CEO could make a difference ? Who knows, certainly not me.  Time will tell. For what its worth, seeing as you say some people follow me, I think anyone hoping for $1 by reporting time in late May 2024 is highly likely to be disappointed.   That said, some further recovery from here back into the recent trading range of 68-74 cents seems quite plausible.    The other thing is that maybe at well under half NAV, this is a possible takeover target ?  Could be a bit of fun to hold for a while and see what happens.  I'm certainly not the adjective you so rudely used Untamed, an opportunist looking for a feed...yes...that's the thing with Beagle's, they will look under any rock if they think there's a feed to be had.  I guess I had better not hold my breath waiting for you to apologize for your comment lol
What is a dead cat bounce?
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/deadcatbounce.asp#:~:text=A%20dead%20cat%20bounce%20is%20a%20temporary%2C%20short-lived,of%20recovery%E2%80%94or%20small%20rallies%E2%80%94during%20which%20prices%20temporarily%20rise.

Breezy

Quote from: Crackity on Mar 12, 2024, 02:01 PMBad dog - no schmakos for you today - lol
He doesn't need a schmako today as he's already had a smack in the chops by an untamed feline.

Untamed

#848
It wasn't a "smack in the chops" - it was a respectful and polite reminder that we all have a responsibility to ensure our posts are clear and not open to misinterpretation. While I stand by the sentiment and meaning of what I said, I do apologise Basil, for post #840. That one was harsh, and could have been worded much better. 


Quote from: Breezy on Mar 12, 2024, 02:45 PMHe doesn't need a schmako today as he's already had a smack in the chops by an untamed feline.

Kaycee

Quote from: Untamed on Mar 12, 2024, 12:30 PMYou might not be "making any call" but your posts have most definitely implied that you have bought back in, or are considering doing so. So, I will ask again, is that the case, or are you just stirring the pot?

What you often don't seem to realise Basil, is that some people here, trust your input. Your comments and contributions may influence those people's investing perceptions and decisions (no, not mine). Yes, I know nothing we see here should be taken as investment advice, but newbies in particular do learn by example to some extent, so it is important to ensure your posts are clear and not open to misinterpretation.

This applies to everyone, not just you by the way.

Very well put.  Old habits die hard, and Basil should try letting people think for themselves, particularly newbies.

Breezy

Quote from: Untamed on Mar 12, 2024, 02:54 PMIt wasn't a "smack in the chops" - it was a respectful and polite reminder that we all have a responsibility to ensure our posts are clear and not open to misinterpretation. While I stand by the sentiment and meaning of what I said, I do apologise Basil, for post #840. That one was harsh, and could have been worded much better. 


Sorry but just too much good humour to be had from that Crackity post to waste.

Untamed

Yeah I know, but I don't want this to turn into a dog fight. I think I have made my point, so lets just leave it be now.

Quote from: Breezy on Mar 12, 2024, 03:10 PMSorry but just too much good humour to be had from that Crackity post to waste.

Untamed

It's not about letting newbies think for themselves. Newbies learn from watching and listening to other investors, amongst other things. But it is important that the more experienced investors recognise that newbies are, by definition, vulnerable to misunderstanding and/or misinterpreting the many comments they read here. Newbies (to either investing OR to this forum) may not yet have a handle on the style or nuances of specific posters, which means they may not be able to "read between the lines."

It is just good practice, for everyone to be specific and absolutely clear in what they post, so their meaning is crystal clear. Basil has much to offer, but he likes to keep a veil of mystery about himself, and keep people guessing. Which really doesn't help people who are trying to learn.

Anyway, I think I have made my point, so time to move on now.

Quote from: Kaycee on Mar 12, 2024, 03:01 PMVery well put.  Old habits die hard, and Basil should try letting people think for themselves, particularly newbies.

Basil

Quote from: Crackity on Mar 12, 2024, 02:01 PMBad dog - no schmakos for you today - lol

LOL Tony the Pony was a bad dog at the dog park this afternoon, but he got a schmakos .as a bribe to try and make him behave better lol  I suspect his habits, not unlike some hungry Beagle, are deeply ingrained.  Where he thinks there's a feed or fun to be had, he'll be in boots (paws?) and all.

Breezy

Quote from: Untamed on Mar 12, 2024, 03:16 PMYeah I know, but I don't want this to turn into a dog fight. I think I have made my point, so lets just leave it be now.

The sp doesn't like all this fighting talk, back to 61c.